What a delicious start to Fall soup meals!! There's nothing better than a creamy healthy bowl of Butternut squash soup infused with fresh ginger, chili powder & sage!
Time: 1 hour
- 1 medium sized butternut squash
- 1/2 cup freshly chopped ginger
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2-3 Sage leaves (sage is pretty strong so you don't need a lot)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- water as needed
- 1 tablesooon vegetable oil
- Peel & chop the butternut squash into small cubes.
- Add the vegetable oil & onions to a large pot on medium heat. Let simmer until the onions are transparent, then add the ginger & garlic. Sauté for about 1-2 minutes.
- Add the butternut squash, sage, & the chili powder (can add the salt & pepper at this time too). Stir to combine.
- Once the squash is seasoned, add enough water to completely cover the top of the squash. You should raise the heat at this time to high so it boils.
- Cover & let the squash boil for about 15-20 minutes (stirring & adding water as needed occasionally).
- Once the squash is fork-tender, you can use an immersion blender to smooth it out.
- You can test for salt at this time. Add fresh sage to garnish & serve!