An amazingly fancy appetizer that is sure to impress your guests! Baked clams has been a favorite of mine since I was a little girl. I remember my mom making them for special occasions / family parties. I'm excited to have my own recipe to share with you all!
Time: 1 hour
- 1 dozen cherry stone clams (can use little necks)
- 1 cup panko
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Scrub the clams under cold water to remove any sand.
- In a large pan, bring the wine to a boil, then add the clams & cover the pan. Reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Allow the clams to cook just enough to open up, about 7 minutes.
- Remove the clams from the heat, remove the meat from the shells, and set the shells aside.
- Use a knife to chop the meat into smaller chunks.
- Peheat oven to 450.
- Transfer the meat to a mixing bowl & add in all the other ingredients above. Mix to combine. Tip: use whatever you feel like using to spice this up! I added chopped Jalapeño slices for a little kick.
- Fill the half shells with the mixture, then place them on a cookie sheet & bake for 10 mins or until the filling is golden brown. Voila!