Simple lunch recipe bursting with flavor!
Time: 30 mins + time for water to boil
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup farfalle (bowtie) pasta (from a box, dried)
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 1/4 cup diced cucumbers (peeled)
- 1/4 cup asiago cheese cubes
- 1/4 cup grape/cherry tomatoes (or as many as you like)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Bunch of fresh or dried basil leaves (if fresh, break them apart to smaller, bite-sized pieces)
- Bunch of fresh cilantro leaves
- Salt/Pepper to taste
- Boil water with about 2 teaspoons of salt
- Add pasta and cook until al dente (not mushy but cooked through)
- While the pasta is cooking, mix all other ingredients together in a bowl (except the salt, pepper, and cilantro) - the olive oil will help incorporate everything.
- Strain pasta and it to the bowl of mixed ingredients
- Sprinkle salt/pepper and fresh cilantro if desired.