Creamy with a kick! Hot habanero peppers, fresh garlic, meaty shrimp, young zucchini & tomatoes...I'm hungry again just thinking about it! This quick lunch recipe can serve as a dinner, snack, or appetizer too.
Time: 20 min
- ~10-15 large shrimp (peeled & deveined)
- 5 garlic cloves (smashed)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 small zucchini sliced into thin rounds
- handful of cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 habanero pepper sliced thin (or more if you like it really spicy!)
- Salt/pepper to taste
- 3 broadleaf thyme leaves (minced)
- 1 tablespoon EVOO
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- Squeeze 1/2 lemon juice all over the shrimp.
- Heat EVOO to medium heat in a large pan, then add the garlic & thyme.
- Throw in shrimp and the rest of the lemon juice. Cook for 2 mins on each side.
- Add the habanero & zucchini slices halfway through, with a tablespoon of butter.
- Add cherry tomatoes & sprinkle on salt & pepper.
- Turn off the heat, pour mayonnaise over the ingredients & mix until well-coated.
- Enjoy over egg noodles, rice, or with steamed veggies! This would also go great in a sandwich.