Tried an eggless crust! (FYI, it's fantastic).
Eggless homemade pizza!
Time: 1.5 hours
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 packet fast acting yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons dried oregano
- Toppings of your choice
- Mix all dry ingredients together for dough (including garlic powder and 2 tablespoons of the oregano).
- Slowly add warm water & 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, mix with a wooden spoon to incorporate then knead lightly with your hands (don't over-knead or it'll get hard)
- Cover with plastic wrap and let sit in a dark area for 30 mins to rise
- Spread crust out onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, you will need to stretch the dough for a little bit with your hands until it stays flat.
- Poke holes in the crust with your finger tips.
- Sprinkle the top of the crust with the last tablespoon of olive oil and some additional Italian seasonings of your choice (I used the last tablespoon of oregano and another teaspoon of garlic powder because I love garlic!).
- Bake crust alone for 15 mins on 350.
- Take crust out of the oven, add desired toppings (I used 1/2 bottle of marinara sauce + slices of fresh mozzarella cheese + torn slices of fresh basil leaves.
- Bake on 350 for ~30 mins or until cheese is melted & crust is cooked through.