Ok so this is pretty much Asian-flavored stuffed cabbage... But calling them dumplings is way cuter! And makes me feel fuller somehow :) it's Glutenfree, low in fat, carbless & delicious!
Time: 45 mins
- 6 whole leaves of cabbage, washed & boiled ~2 mins to soften
- 1 pack ground turkey or ground meat of your choice
- 1 tablespoon ground chili powder
- 1.5 teaspoons salt
- 1.5 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 tablespoons ginger soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped scallions
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- In a medium sauce pan, pan-sear the ground meat in the vegetable oil with the salt, chili powder, & black pepper. Turn off when browned (~15 minutes)
- Let the meat cool for at least 15 minutes then stuff each cabbage leaf with 1.5 tablespoons of meat filling & about 2-3 pieces of chopped scallion.
- Fold each leaf from the two sides in, then from top to bottom, over (so it forms a cute little dumpling.)
- Place the stuffed cabbage leaves with the seal-side down in a small Pyrex bowl.
- Pour the soy sauce over the dumplings & place them in the oven on 350 for 10 minutes.
- Serve alone (eat like tacos) or with your favorite side.