A really fast, fancy appetizer that will impress your guests!
Time: About 15-20 mins
- 1 log of goat cheese (you can use either seasoned or plain)
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon salt (I use Maldon flakes)
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika (optional)
- I tablespoon dried oregano
1. Freeze goat cheese for about 10 minutes (so it's easy to work with), then divide into round balls.
2. Roll the balls in a bowl with 1/4 cup flour, then dip them in a bowl with the beaten egg, and roll in another bowl of a mixture of panko, salt, pepper, oregano and paprika - coat evenly.
3. Heat 1 inch of vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Gently drop the chilled croquettes into the oil and fry until golden brown on all sides. It should take about 2-4 minutes.
4. Transfer to paper towels to drain, serve hot.