I woke up craving pizza today! Here's another eggless pizza crust recipe... I spiced up the crust to give it a more flavorful, restaurant taste. I also added homemade pepper sauce into the marinara - I'm happy with the results, so here's the recipe!
Time: 2 hrs
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 pack fast acting yeast
- 1 tablespoon salt, sugar, garlic powder, oregano, basil & crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1.5 cups warm water
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (optional)
- Toppings of your choice
- In a large basin, combine all dry ingredients & stir until incorporated.
- Add the olive oil & warm water - use a plastic or rubber spatula to stir the mixture into a dough. You just want the dough to be combined, don't over-knead it. It will be sticky, but that's what you want.
- Cover the basin with clear wrap & then lay a kitchen towel over it to ensure the basil is kept dark. Put it aside in a dark, warm area of your kitchen for at least 30 minutes. (Hint: I kneaded this dough before leaving for work this morning. This helped cut my cooking time down when I got home!)
- After the dough rises, preheat your oven to 325. You'll need 2 cookie sheets if you don't have a pizza pan. Spray the cookie sheets with Pam & then sprinkle dry flour over the Pam to ensure the pizza crush doesn't stick to the pan.
- Use your hands to split the dough into 2 pieces, then stretch it out onto each pan, into an even rectangle.
- Put the dough in the oven for about 15-20 minutes in order to ensure the crust is cooked through.
- Take the dough pans out, top the dough with marinara sauce, pepper sauce & toppings of your choice, then pop it back into the oven for another 10-15 mins or until the cheese is melted.