Feeling quite proud of my fast, DIY lobster dinner! It's perfect when you crave fancy food & you're on a budget! This lobstah dinnah is decadent, filling & won't make you feel guilty afterwords! The best part? You can get these live lobsters at Hong Kong Mart in Chinatown for $9.99/lb!! #greatdeal
Time: 1 hour
- 2 live lobsters (~ 1.5 lbs)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika + additional for the corn if you like
- 1 whole lemon
- Salt for boiling the lobster
- Baguette to eat the lobster with (optional)
- 2 whole ears of corn, shucked
- Bring a large pot with water & salt to a boil (make sure it's large enough to fit each lobster completely submerged in water).
- Squeeze 1/2 the lemon juice in the water & add the garlic, paprika, coriander, and parsley.
- Cut the rubber bands off the claws and add lobsters to the boiling water.
- Cook lobsters for about 11-12 mins depending on their size.
- When the second lobster goes in, wait 5 minutes before adding the corn.
- Use tongs to remove the lobsters and corn, set the corn aside in a plate
- Mix the melted butter, parsley & 1 teaspoon lemon juice together to create a sauce for the lobster meat.
- Carefully remove the lobster meat from the shell (there are several fun YouTube videos to help you with this! This is one of my faves: https://youtu.be/UuaXRqfhlcs)
- Plate the lobster meat with the corn and serve with the butter sauce & the baguette. Enjoy!