Who doesn't love spaghetti & meatballs?! This recipe uses lean ground chicken, Parmesan cheese, tons of spices & croutons instead of breadcrumbs! #yum
Time: 30 mins
- 1 pack lean ground chicken
- 1 egg
- 1-4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1.5 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1.5 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup crushed croutons (can sub breadcrumbs)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- Put the ground meat in a large basin, add the entire list of ingredients above except the vegetable oil.
- Use your hands to mix the ingredients together until well combined.
- Form ~ 1 inch balls with the meat.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large pot to medium heat.
- Place 6-8 meatballs in the pot & allow them to cook on all sides for about 8-10 minutes.
- Remove the meatballs from the oil once they are cooked through & put them on a paper towel so the excess oil drains out.
- Strain the leftover oil out of the pot & put all of the meatballs back in.
- Pour marinara sauce over the meatballs & stir carefully to coat them without breaking them up.
- Serve with whole wheat spaghetti & enjoy!