Decadence at its finest. This recipe is so easy it will surely be a recurring dessert in your household after the first attempt! Salted caramel over creamy, cinnamony flan.. topped with fresh berries. This is a perfect summer treat!
Time: 1.5 hours
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 1 can condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1.5 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs (or 3 regular sized eggs)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- In a small saucepan, heat the sugar & sea salt on low heat until melted completely into a caramel.
- Immediately pour the mixture to the bottom of a 9" cake pan. It will cool very quickly so this step is critical or you will need to reheat the sugar again.
- Mix the eggs, condensed milk, evaporated milk, vanilla extract, & ground cinnamon together in a basin or pot. Mix until smooth.
- Pour this mixture over the caramel.
- Take a long Pyrex pan that will fit the cake pan inside it, add boiling water about 1/2 full. Put the Pyrex in the oven first, then place the cake pan inside of it.
- Bake on 350 for 60 mins, or until a toothpick comes out clean. The flan will be jiggly.
- Let cool, run a sharp knife along the edge, then take a plate or serving platter and place it on top of the cake pan. Flip it over so the flan falls out evenly on top of the dish.
- Add fresh berries if desired & enjoy! Refrigerate for storage.