🤱🏻Breastfeeding Mama!! This one’s for you. I have tried a few lactation cookie recipes and they are typically packed with sugar or take a while to make, sometimes using equipment that you need to pull out of the pantry. Who has time for that?! Not this gal. So I came up with this recipe and it took me 35 mins total, including prep, cooking and cooling. It has only 1/4 cup of brown sugar which you can substitute with any sweetener you prefer. TIP: don’t omit the brewers yeast, oats or flax seed, that’s what helps with increasing or maintaining healthy milk supply. 🥛🍼🍪
P.S.🤰🏻Pregnant Mamas, whip up a batch and freeze them for post-partum if you plan to breastfeed. You’ll thank me later! 😬
P.P.S. Yes, your husband can enjoy them too. No, he won’t start to lactate 😂
Time: 30 minutes
- 2 cups oats
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons brewers yeast (I used Oat Mama)
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 2 tablespoons apple sauce (or 2 eggs)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup coconut oil (solid)
- 1 cup dark chocolate chunks or chocolate chips of your choosing
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix all of the dry ingredients in a bowl (except for the chocolate chunks)
- Mix the applesauce & coconut oil together with the vanilla extract.
- Combine the wet & dry ingredients.
- Add in the chocolate chips or chunks.
- Form cookie shape & bake on 350 for 10-12 minutes.
- Sprinkle additional sea salt on top if desired.
- Enjoy warm :)