'Tis the season to be chubby! So let's embrace it and eat more cookies. YEA!! :D
I have a huge love for anything peppermint flavored, and these cookies hit the spot! Every bite has tiny crunches of candy canes, yet you still have the fluffy goodness of a warm, fresh-baked cookie. The best part? This recipe is fast and easy! Enjoy
Time: 1.5 hours
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 stick butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 candy canes
- Soften the butter in a microwave for 30 seconds, then whisk it until fluffy.
- Add salt, egg, sugar and peppermint extract to the butter and whip together until well combined.
- Place the candy canes unwrapped into a ZipLoc bag, seal it. Using a rolling pin, pound the candy canes into small crumbs. Don't pound them to a powder, or they won't look like candy cane pieces in the cookies.
- Add the candy cane crumbs and the flour to the bowl and mix it in until all ingredients are combined. Cover with clear wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Take the cookie dough of the fridge and form small 1 inch rounds, placing each on an un-greased cookie sheet. Ensure the cookies are spaced out by at least 1.5 inches.
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes until the cookies are golden brown and cooked through.
- Cool on a wire rack for about 10 mins before serving. Enjoy!