Looking for an easy, delicious homemade meat sauce? Search no more! This lamb ragu is a quick way to fancy up some pasta - without breaking your budget. Recipe brought to us by Elvin Angulo! Enjoy :)
Time: 30 min
- 1.5 lbs ground lamb
- 4 cups of tomato sauce (homemade or store bought)
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 shallots
- 1 cup of red wine (I used a Merlot/Cabernet Sauvignon)
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- Mince the garlic and dice the shallots, then heat 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil in a skillet.
- Cook the garlic and shallots on high heat for 4 minutes. You do not want to burn the garlic so make sure to keep an eye on it.
- Once the shallots are sweating and the garlic is soft, throw the lamb in with the salt, pepper, cumin, and cinnamon and then cook until the meat is brown. There will be a decent amount of liquid from the fat of the meat so you will want to cook the liquid down.
- Pour the cup of wine into the skillet and stir. You will want to cook the wine into the meat until the wine has been reduced by half.
- Add 4 cups of tomato sauce into the skillet along with the oregano. Bring the heat down to low, mix around the sauce and let cook for 12 min.
- Serve with pasta of your choice and enjoy!