Fancy up your French baguette with this amazingly easy garlic spread! You'll wow your guests & feel surprisingly accomplished- you just made homemade garlic bread! Woohoo!
Time: 1 hour
- 1 bulb garlic
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Cut the top off the wide end of the garlic bulb so that the ends are exposed. Remember to leave the skin on (you can throw away any shell that falls off).
- Rip enough foil paper to completely cover the garlic, and place the bulb in the center of the foil, exposed side face up.
- Coat the op with olive oil, and close it so there's a tent at the top.
- Roast the garlic on 425 for 40 mins, or until the garlic is soft.
- Open the foil and let the garlic cool for 15 mins.
- Place the butter in a bowl and soften to room temperature.
- Take the cooled garlic & squeeze it out of the shell, into the butter. It should be very easy to do this, and the garlic will be mushy. If it isn't, you can put it back to roast longer.
- Add in the parsley & mix to incorporate all of the ingredients.
- Now, you can spread the mixture over toasted bread, sprinkle on black pepper & serve!