First time trying cauliflower pizza & I'm making it eggless. I know, I know "over achiever". But on Mondays, I go veggie, including giving up eggs. So this will have to work. Actually, it did.
Time: 1.5 hours
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1/4 cup flour (I used all purpose but you can use a gluten free flour of your choice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- salt & pepper to taste
- toppings of your choice
- Preheat oven to 425, put your pizza stone in there to heat up.
- Strain & rinse the can of chickpeas.
- Put the cauliflower florets into a large food processor, pulse until fine grains form.
- Boil the cauliflower then strain it. Once it's cool enough to touch, pour it into a kitchen towel or cheese cloth, and squeeze the excess water out. Then return the cauliflower to the food processor.
- Add the chickpeas, olive oil, basil, oregano, salt & pepper to the food processor. Pulse to combine & grind the chickpeas.
- After the mixture is formed, add your dry flour to bind it all together. Pulse to combine.
- Remove your hot pizza stone from the oven & spray cooking spray all over it. Pour the cauliflower mixture in the middle of it. Spread it out with a spatula (or just use your hands, be careful not to touch the hot pizza stone directly). Spread it to about 1/2 inch thick.
- Place the crust in the oven & bake for 20 minutes.
- Optional step for a crispier crust: remove the crust, brush it with 1 tablespoon of an oil of your choice. You can use olive oil, or an infused oil such as garlic or truffle.
- Place it back in the oven for another 10-15 minutes before removing it to add toppings. Crust should be golden.
- Once your toppings are on, bake the pizza for another 10 mins or until the cheese is melted. Enjoy!