Mushrooms are a fantastic way to add a "meaty" element to vegetarian food. I put them in these healthy whole-wheat roll ups with kale, shredded white cheddar cheese, and diced chili peppers (for a kick) and voila! a delicious, filling meal for lunch. I paired this with my creamy tomato soup for a satisfying dinner meal.
Time: 30 mins
- 2 whole wheat roll up wraps
- 4-5 mushrooms, washed and sliced
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1-2 sliced chili peppers
- 1 handful kale
- 1 cup grated white cheddar cheese
- 1 spoon sour cream
- Use a frying pan to cook the mushroom slices in with the butter and smoked paprika. Once they're cooked through, set aside in a bowl.
- Spray the frying pan with cooking spray and set it to medium heat. Place one of the roll ups flat into the pan.
- Sprinkle a handful of the grated cheese on one side of the roll up. Then, you'll need to work fast so it doesn't burn.
- Sprinkle some of the mushrooms, kale, and chili peppers on top of the cheese. Then, add another handful of cheese and fold the other end of the roll up over the filling.
- Press down with a spatula, then flip it over completely so the other side gets heated.
- Place the quesadilla on a plate, and repeat the above steps for the second quesadilla.
- Use a pizza cutter to cut the quesadilla into 4 triangular pieces. Dollop with sour cream, salsa, or whatever toppings you like, and enjoy!