Craving olives today so I made some olive bread! Super easy to whip up with some active dry yeast. I enjoyed it with some warm tomato-basil soup!
Time: 1 hour
- 1 packet active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup mixed olives, pitted
- Add the packet of yeast & sugar to the warm water, stir to dissolve then let it sit for 15 mins to bubble up.
- In a medium bowl, pour the flour, salt & Italian seasoning. Stir to combine.
- Slowly mix in the yeast mixture & olive oil, mix with your hands slightly just to incorporate the ingredients.
- Chop the olives into smaller rounds, throw almost all of them into the flour mixture, leaving some for the top of the loaf.
- Knead the olive dough completely & form into a loaf with your hands.
- Set it on a cookie sheet & cut 4 small slits on the top.
- Garnish with the remaining olive slices, pressing them in so they stay put in the oven.
- Bake on 350 for 45 minutes - 1 hour or until golden brown on top, and cooked through the middle.