Homemade ice cream can officially be crossed off my list of fears. Hahah I'm almost kidding! I don't have an ice cream maker so this was pretty intimidating for me. I made this recipe eggless, surprisingly not all ice cream is, so it's great for me on fasting days when I don't eat meat, fish, poultry, or eggs. After trying it, and being excited with what it tasted like, I'm here to tell you that you can put those fears to bed. Get em out of your house alltogether. I'm serious, it was so easy! I want to explore all the flavors now!!
Here's my Mint Chocolate Chip:
Time: 6.5 hours
- 2 cans coconut milk (full fat)
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1.5 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- green food coloring (optional)
- 1 tablespoon coconut nectar (as a sweetener)
- dark chocolate chunks
- In a medium-sized pot, combine the coconut milk & condensed milk.
- Mix in the food coloring, a couple drops at a time until you get the desired green.
- Let the mixture come to a boil then drop in the extracts and turn off the heat.
- Allow the mixture to cool completely before mixing in the chocolate chunks. I chopped my chunks smaller so you get a bit of chocolate in every bite.
- Pour the ice cream into a freezer safe container & press clear wrap over the top. Then, freeze for at least 6 hours.
Enjoy with a warm fudge brownie for an extra sweet treat!