Fasting for Navratri has never been easier! We had guests this past weekend, my cousins from Orlando [heart emoji] and they love football. So you can imagine the desire for wings & football food. I was determined to make a bunch of snacks that would satisfy the wings cravings but be meatless, eggless, and somewhat healthy. Challenge accepted.
Time: 30 mins
- 1 head cauliflower cut into florets
- 1/2 cup Franks red hot sauce
- 3 tablespoons butter (we used a butter substitute)
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour (can use rice flour for a glutenfree version)
- 1/2 cup water
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a large basin, mix the flour & water together, seasoning with salt and pepper. You want it to be a batter, so add more flour or water as needed.
- Dip the raw cauliflower into the batter & place it on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake the battered cauliflower on 450 for 10 mins.
- While the cauliflower is baking, mix the hot sauce & butter together.
- Remove the pan from the oven, then liberally brush the buffalo sauce on each one using a pastry brush.
- Place the cauliflower back into the oven for another 20 minutes.
Enjoy at room temperature, they're not as good when super hot. These are great with ranch dip!