If you know me personally, you know I loooove carrot cake! It's the perfect mix of not too sweet and not quite savory. I went a little ambitious & made an eggless, bundt carrot cake with my own carrot cream cheese icing. Recipe uses a bit of ingredients but it is so easy to put together & so worth it!
Time: 1 hour
- 2.5 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup apple sauce
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1.5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground glove
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1.5 tablespoons molasses
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup milk or lactaid as needed if the icing is too thick
- 1/2 pack plain light cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup confectionary sugar
- PAM spray or other cooking spray
- Put the carrots in a large basin (leave about 1 tablespoon aside for the icing) Add the vegetable oil, molasses, ground spices, salt, baking soda & powder, white sugar & applesauce. Mix to combine.
- Slowly start adding the flour & keep stirring to combine. If it feels like the mixture is becoming too dry, you used enough flour.
- Spray the cake pan with cooking spray, especially if you're using a bundt pan, so the cake won't stick to it.
- Bake on 325 degrees for about 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Baking time will vary depending on what kind of pan you used.
- While the cake is baking, use a stand mixer to whip the icing together (cream cheese, vanilla, tablespoon of shredded carrots & milk or lactaid).
- Once the cake is baked, let it cool almost completely so that you can turn it over & the bundt will stay in form.
- Glaze with the icing & enjoy! You can freeze this cake and save pieces of it for months to enjoy :).