Here we have a 5 ingredient dinner that you can basically forget about after throwing it in the oven! I usually love duck when it's curried but this roast is so crispy, tender, and flavorful. The best part: it tastes like a lot of work but it is so easy.
Time: 2 hours
- 1 whole 5 lb duck, cleaned, skin on
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 4 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- Wash the duck with cold water (and lemon juice if you like).
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Pat it dry with a paper towel.
- Sprinkle the salt, pepper & paprika on each side, rubbing it into the skin.
- Place it chest-side up in a 9x13 Pyrex on top of a rack if you have it (so the fat drips off the duck while it cooks).
- Bake for 1 hour uncovered, then take it out, drizzle with the butter, and put it back into the oven for another 30 minutes.