Garlic, olive oil & bread = happiness! It seemed a little ambitious to make my own garlic knots but it turned to be really easy! I used my standard pizza dough recipe & tweeted it to be more garlicky!
Time: 20 minutes + time for the dough to set Ingredients:
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 packet yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup olive oil + 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- Salt to taste
- Fill a measuring cup with 1 cup warm water, the packet of yeast & sugar
- Stir & set aside in a dark place for 15 minutes (I put mine inside the microwave & closed the door)
- Put the flour, garlic powder, salt, & 1/4 cup olive oil in a basin.
- After waiting 15 minutes for the yeast to rise in the measuring cup, pour the mixture into the basin.
- Mix with your hands & knead into a dough. You might need to add some more warm water.
- Cover the dough with a clean kitchen towel & put a plate over it to keep it dark. Set it aside in a warm place for at least 1 hour so the dough can rise.
- After the dough rises, break 2-3 inch pieces of the it & roll it into a log with your hand, then tie it into a knot shape.
- Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- Place the knots on a greased cookie sheet, bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- While the garlic knots are baking, mix the 2 tablespoons of olive oil with the minced garlic & dried parsley.
- Take the knots out of the oven & brush on the olive oil mixture.
- Sprinkle salt over the garlic knots if desired. Enjoy!