Sinfully delicious... without the sin! I keep seeing people use medjool dates as a natural, healthy sweetner in desserts, but I could never imagine those desserts tasting so delicious! This raw, vegan, glutenfree dessert will have you grabbing for more. A true guiltless pleasure!
Time: 15 mins
- 1 pack medjool dates, pits removed
- 1 cup chopped pecans - raw
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 cup candied pecans (optional)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (vegan)
- 1 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup shredded coconut flakes, unsweetened
- In a large food processor, pulse the dates, salt, cinnamon, 1/2 cup of the coconut oil & the chopped raw pecans until a smooth mixture forms.
- In a large Pyrex, spread a thin layer of the coconut flakes.
- Press the date mixture into the Pyrex so it forms a sheet layer of "fudge" over the coconut flakes.
- Mix the chocolate chips & the rest of the coconut oil together until smooth (melt in the microwave for ~15 seconds if needed).
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the date mixture & spread to coat evenly.
- Sprinkle candied pecans over the chocolate if desired.
- Refridgerate for at least 2 hours.
- Cut into squares, serve & enjoy!
Store in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks!