Finally tried the beer-can chicken! It's a miracle recipe that really makes you want to eat chicken all day. Buh bye dry, boring chicken. This drunken chicken recipe will impress yourself & your guests with juicy, tender chicken using just a few simple ingredients.
Time: 1.5 hours
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, & chili powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 whole lemon
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 can of beer (with only half the beer in it)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Remove all giblets from the center of the chicken. Pat it dry with a paper towel so all the water is removed.
- Put the chicken in a large 13x9 Pyrex.
- Pour the vegetable oil around the chicken, flipping it over so it coats in the oil.
- Rub the rosemary around the chicken so that most of it sticks to the skin. Put any remaining rosemary leaves inside the cavity.
- Make a spice rub with the spices, rub it all over the chicken. Add the salt & pepper at the same time.
- Cut the lemon into slices, put some inside the skin if you can easily peel it away from the meat.
- Open the butt of the chicken & place it on top of the beer can. Ensure there's only about 1/2 the beer left in the can!
- Add any remaining lemons inside the chicken from the top, then pour the olive oil over it.
- Bake on 400 for ~1 hour & 15 minutes or until golden brown.