Can't think of a better dish to post on the season finale of Game of Thrones!! A delicious lamb dinner honoring the head of the thrown, the crown! This Crown Roast is so easy & so fancy looking. Ready...set...eat!
Time: 1.5 hours or less depending on how long you marinate
- 2 racks of lamb, frenched (ask your butcher to do this for you or check out simple YouTube videos on how to!)
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint, oregano, basil, cilantro (can sub a basic chimichuri sauce for a faster marinade!)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt/pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Bend each rack into a semicircle with the meat side facing in & fat side out.
- Use twine to tie them together like the picture above.
- Rub on the olive oil, garlic, chimichuri mixture, salt, pepper, chili powder & cumin.
- If you have one, put the crown in a bundt pan so that it holds its shape. You can let this marinate for 30 minutes if you have time. If not, it's fine to cook right away.
- When ready, cook for 30 to 35 minutes on 375 degrees F depending on how rare you like your lamb.
- Let it rest 15 minutes then cut the strong & the lamb chops & enjoy!