Naturally glutenfree & vegan! And cinnamony & applely & yummy. Try this next time you're craving a warm, holiday dessert in the summertime.
Time: 1.5 hours
- 2 large apples, sliced thin (I used a mandolin)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 cups oats
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1/4 warm water if needed for the crust
- Grind the oats to a flour in a food processor.
- Add 1 tablespoon of the cinnamon, 1 teaspoon of the sea salt, the coconut oil, agave, & water if needed. Pulse until a dough forms.
- Place the crush mixture on a table or cutting board & roll it out to fit your pie pan. You want the crust to be about 1/4 inch thick.
- Transfer the crust to a pan & press the edges down so it keeps its shape.
- Bake the crust on 425 for about 15 mins.
- While the crust is baking, mix the sliced apples, leftover cinnamon & salt, & brown sugar in a bowl. Lower the heat to 375.
- Fill the pie crust with the apple mixture & bake for another 20-30 minutes or until the apples are crisp & the crust is golden.