Finally some warm(ish) weather on the East Coast! Bring on the tropical fruit!! I got some mangos that weren't quite ripe yet. Well being the impatient woman that I am, I decided to make mango chow, instead of waiting for them to get ripe :) #fooddiva
Time: 20 minutes
- 4 large mangos (almost ripe but still hard)
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 scotch bonnet pepper, sliced with seeds removed
- 2 - 3 cloves garlic, sliced thin
- Salt/pepper to taste
- 1 large handful cilantro, finely chopped
- Peel & slice the mangos into chunks.
- Put all ingredients in a large basin & toss to coat the mango.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes so the flavors combine.