What a delightful vegetarian appetizer!! Stuffed mushrooms are so easy to make & so impressive to serve. I came up with this recipe based on ingredients I had on hand, so feel free to adjust the ingredients for stuffing based on what you have!
Time: 30 minutes
- 10-12 large stuffable mushrooms (can also use smaller ones for variety)
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 8-10 green olives
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh sage
- 1-2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1-2 tablespoons diced jalapeño
- Carefully rinse the mushrooms or wipe them with a damp paper towel.
- Pull out the stems & dice them, set them aside in a bowl.
- Dice the olives & add them to the bowl with the mushroom stems.
- Add to the bowl the cheese, fresh sage, bread crumbs, & jalapeño.
- Carefully place enough of the mixture into the mushrooms so that it doesn't spill over but are well-stuffed.
- Place the mushrooms on a cookie sheet with cooking spray or parchment paper.
- Sprinkle the smoked paprika on top & bake on 350 for ~20 minutes depending on the size of your mushrooms.
Tip: when the mushrooms start to form a little moisture underneath, they're ready!