Halloween's got me surrounded by free candy and I am not likin it! Anyone else trying to cut their sugar intake? Welp, we gotta get creative. I tried making my own Reese's cups since I'm in love with them & I needed a healthier version. I'm so happy I did! Check it out, let me know what you think?
Time: 30 mins
- 2 cups unsweetened cacao
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1 cup almond or peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Melt the coconut oil then mix it with the cacao until its dissolved.
- Add in the agave, sea salt, and vanilla extract.
- Pour about 1.5 tablespoons of the mixture into muffin tins lined with cupcake liners.
- Refrigerate the mixture for 2-3 minutes.
- Microwave the almond butter for 1 min so it melts.
- Pour 1 tablespoon of the almond butter into the cups on top of the chocolate mixture.
- Pour enough of the remaining chocolate mixture over the almond butter to cover it.
- Refrigerate for 15-20 mins until the "Reese's" harden. Enjoy!