Oh the subtle onion taste of leeks! You never disappoint! I haven't made this soup before but I'm really excited with how it came out. It's super easy and super impressive. Check out my take, below!
Time: 30 mins
- 2 large russet potatoes
- 2 leeks, trimmed & cleaned
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 4 cups chicken bone broth
- Salt to taste
- 8 tablespoons butter
- Melt the butter in a large pot
- Wash the leeks thoroughly, removing any sand. Then, chop them into smaller pieces & add them to the pot.
- Smash the garlic cloves & add them in with the leeks.
- Peel & dice the potatoes into small pieces, add them to the pot.
- Add the thyme, salt & bone broth. Stir to combine, then cover the pot.
- Let the soup boil until the potatoes are tender, about 20 mins.
- Use an immersion blender to smoothen the soup. Test for salt, then serve!