Soft, chewy, melt in your mouth goodness that are both eggless & glutenfree!! 😱 Yes, we did. Check it out below.
Time: 1 hour
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 6 tablespoons sweet cream (salted) or butter. You can use a butter substitute if you want these to be vegan.
- 1 tablespoon Lactaid
- 2 tablespoons apple sauce
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips (or vegan chocolate chips if you want this to be vegan)
- coarse sea salt (optional)
- Melt the butter & apple sauce together in the microwave for 30 seconds or until melted.
- Add in the lactaid & the vanilla extract. Stir in the brown sugar, let it dissolve, and then set the mixture aside.
- Using a food processor, grind the oats into a flour. Pour it in a large bowl.
- Add the corn starch and baking powder, using a spatula to combine.
- Pour in the wet ingredients mixture & stir until incorporated. The dough will be wet, that's what we want.
- Add in the chocolate chips.
- Cover with plastic wrap & refrigerate for 20-30 minutes. This helps your cookies turn out chewy.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment or foil wrap & spray with cooking spray.
- Form 2" balls of the dough and press them into flatter cookies, then lay them 3" apart on the cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake for ONLY 10 minutes. They will continue to cook on the cookie sheet as they cool and you don't want them to be too dry.