Here you go, folks! A healthy, crunchy, spicy (if you want) snack!! I don't know bout y'all but I feel so accomplished making my own snacks, especially when they are healthy. This one will take you ~40 mins. If you try this, tell me your spice combos, I'm dying to try new ones!
Time: 40 mins
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1.5 tablespoons olive oil
- ground cayenne pepper to taste
- crushed red pepper to taste
- salt to taste
- Strain & rinse the canned chickpeas. You can boil them with 2 tablespoons baking soda before baking them, to remove the skins if you like.
- Place the chickpeas in a medium bowl and toss them in the olive oil & cayenne. I used 1 teaspoon cayenne, this was perfect for me. Add more or less if you like. Or none at all!
- On a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, bake on 400 F for 30 mins.
- Toss again with salt & crushed red pepper.
- Allow them to cool completely before storing them in a bottle or zip loc bag or they will lose their crunchiness. But have no fear, if they aren't crunchy anymore the next day, you can put them back in the oven for another 2-3 mins on 400F to freshen them up!