The yumminess is unbearable! Use the natural sweetness of mangoes & papayas for a quick & easy jam. I infused mine with a simple syrup with habaneros for a subtle kick!
Time: 1.5 hours
- 3 ripe mangoes
- 1 small ripe papaya
- 1/2 cup corn starch
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 Habanero, chopped fine with seeds removed
- 1 cup white sugar for the simple syrup
- 2 cups water for the simple syrup
- Dice the mangoes & papaya into small cubes then add them to a large pot.
- Slowly heat the fruit on medium so the cooled down. You don't need to add water because the fruit has its own juices.
- After about 10 minutes, add the corn starch & sugar. Stir to combine.
- Stir occasionally until the fruit boils down, sort of mushy.
- After about 30 minutes, use an immersion blender to smooth out the fruit so it only has a few small chunks left.
- In another small pot, make a simple syrup with the sugar, water & habanero.
- Add the syrup in the pot with the jam & stir to infuse the jam with habanero.
- Once the consistency is thick & jam-like, turn off the heat & let it cool.
- Refrigerate & enjoy for up to 2 weeks.