I know I know.. it's not red like normal kimchi. But guess what? It's really yummy. And you have a version of kimchi in 20 minutes. So try it.
Time: 20 mins
- 1/2 head of cabbage, chopped
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspon sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped ginger
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (I used Guyanese pepper sauce made with scotch bonnets)
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- In a small pot, cook the cabbage & minced garlic in the water. It may seem like too little water for the cabbage, but remember cabbage already has a high water content so don't add more than 1/4 cup! Let it cook for ~4-5 minutes.
- Take the heat off & move the pot off the burner. You can also transfer the cabbage at this time to a large bowl.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients to the cabbage & mix to combine.
- Refrigerate the kimchi & enjoy later or add to fried rice, fries, anything you want!