Fall is here!! Time for some fall recipes. Squash in particular :) When it's still warm enough to fire up the grill, try these stuffed grilled acorn squash!! Fill them with whatever you like, they are so easy & delicious to make.
Time: 20 minutes
- 1 medium acorn squash
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- filling of your choice
- Cut the acorn squash in half long ways, scoop out the seeds. Shave off a small piece of the round end of each squash so that the sides will stand up without rolling.
- Drizzle with olive oil & grill flesh-side down on medium heat for about 8-10 minutes or until tender. I used a grill mat for easier clean up!
- While the squash is grilling, you can prepare your stuffing mixture. I used a mixture of farro, kale, roasted butternut squash, & pecans, tossed in a pomegranate balsamic vinaigrette.
- Remove the squash from the grill & flip over so the flesh side is now up.
- Scoop in your desired filling & enjoy!