I had this with some rainbow fettuccine pasta- delicious and easy!
Time: 40 mins
- 2 fillets of rainbow trout- skin on, cleaned.
- 2 tablespoons butter for frying the fish (1 tablespoon for each piece)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt & 1/2 teaspoon black pepper for seasoning the trout.
For the sauce:
- 1 cup white wine (I used a Bordeaux)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon black pepper & 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup fettuccine pasta, cooked al dente
- Heat a frying pan with a tablespoon of butter to high heat.
- Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon salt & 1/2 teaspoon black pepper on the trout.
- Pan-sear the trout on both sides, about 3-5 mins on each side). Repeat with the 2nd fish.
- Slice the garlic cloves and chop the parsley (leave a few behind leaves for garnish)
- In a medium - large saucepan, melt the butter and garlic until the garlic is slightly browned.
- Add the white wine and lemon juice, salt and pepper - bring to a boil. Let simmer for 10 mins so it reduces to about half.
- Plate the pasta, place the trout on top, pour sauce over the trout & drink the rest of the wine with this meal!
*Watch out for the bones! Slice horizontally so you can remove easily, all at once.