One of my favorite movies ever!! Ratatouille is incredibly beautiful, healthy, & delicious! Contrary to how it looks, it's actually not difficult to make! Just takes a little patience, and a mandolin slicer. Here's my take on it.
Time: 1 hour, 15 mins
- 1 zucchini
- 1 yellow summer squash
- 1 Italian eggplant
- 3 almost ripe Roma tomatoes
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 5 basil leaves (fresh)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- In an oven safe pan, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil & the diced onions for about 30 seconds-1 minute. Use medium-low heat so it doesnt burn. Then, add the garlic.
- Wait 30 seconds before pouring in the tomato sauce. Cook for another 2 minutes then tear up the basil leaves & drop them in.
- Use a mandolin to slice the zucchini, squash, eggplant & tomatoes very thin.
- Arrange them around the pan that the sauce is in, so that the slices alternate between each vegetable. Continue all the way around the pan, until you run out of slices.
- Drizzle the last tablespoon of olive oil over the top. Sprinkle the oregano, thyme, salt & black pepper on top.
- Cover with parchment paper & bake on 375 for 45 minutes.
- Remove the parchment & bake for another 10 minutes. Enjoy!