Put these on your appetizer menu this holiday season! These scallop wrapped in bacon are amazingly easy to make, impressive to display & won't break your budget!
Time: 30 mins depending on how many you make
- 2 cups scallops (I got mine from BJs, so inexpensive!)
- 1 pack thin & crispy turkey bacon
- 1-2 teaspoons salt
- 1-2 teaspoons black pepper
- Toothpicks to keep the bacon in tact
- 1 tablespoon butter for frying
- Break the turkey bacon into 3 parts, & break your toothpicks in half.
- Wrap each part around 1 scallop each, sealing it with 1/2 toothpick for each scallop.
- Sprinkle with salt & pepper.
- Heat the butter on medium heat in a large skillet.
- Add the bacon-wrapped scallops one by one so they can stand up & brown on the top.
- Turn them over after 2-3 mins & let them brown on the other side.
- Let the bacon brown on all sides by pushing the scallops over & rolling them around - it won't take long to get crispy.
- Drain on paper towels & serve!