Weird to try making something you never ate before! What can I say, I'm adventerous! And I'm glad I tried it. Succotash just might be the perfect side dish for Spring (if it ever shows up!)
Time: 40 mins
- 1 can lima beans
- 2 cups corn kernels (I used frozen)
- 1/2 white onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/3 red onion, diced
- 2 cups grape tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Pour the lima beans, 1/2 onion, garlic cloves & some salt and pepper into a medium sized pot. Cover with water.
- Bring the water to a boil then cover the pot & lower the heat to a simmer. Let simmer for 20 mins.
- Once the 20 minutes are over, reserve about 1 cup of the liquid, then strain the rest. Remove the garlic cloves & half onion.
- In a large skillet, add the olive oil & the red onion. Sauté for 1 min on medium heat.
- Add the tomatoes, thyme & the corn to the skillet.
- After about 3 minutes, add the lima beans, red wine vinegar & reserved liquid to the skillet. Add salt & pepper now as well.
- Toss the mixture to combine, then remove it from heat & serve!