A simple snack or appetizer using 4 amazing ingredients: tomatoes, garlic, basil & olive oil! I love making bruschetta during the summer using my homegrown basil leaves & my dad's homegrown tomatoes! Recipe below.
Time: 15 mins + 1 hour refrigeration time, serves 2
- 4-5 plum tomatoes (or quantity of whatever tomatoes you prefer!)
- 2 teaspoons freshly chopped basil leaves (I grow the fine-leaf basil so I used more whole leaves)
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fine seasalt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 baguette sliced diagonally for serving
- Dice the tomatoes or just chop them into bite-sized pieces. Put them in a bowl.
- Add the chopped basil & garlic. drizzle the olive oil over the mixture then sprinkle on the salt & black pepper.
- Cover the bowl with clear plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour so the flavors incorporate.
- Spoon the mixture onto piece of lightly toasted baguette & enjoy!