Looking to squash some extra belly fat while still having a flavorful meal? Try out my spiced butternut squash recipe! I used spices that remind me of the holidays - and my apartment smelled amazing while this was cooking.
This recipe is great as a snack, side dish, or even throw it into a salad for lunch! I actually had it as a full meal for dinner last night!
Time: 30 - 35 mins
- Small/medium sized butternut squash
- About 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil depending on the size of your squash
- Salt/pepper to taste
- Smoked paprika to taste
- Ground cinnamon to taste
- Peel and cut the butternut squash into small bite-sized cubes
- Lay the cubes out on a cookie sheet that's covered with foil
- Drizzle olive oil over the top of the squash pieces
- Sprinkle desired spices - I used smoked paprika, ground cinnamon, and salt & pepper
- Bake on 400 degrees for about 20 - 25 mins or until the tops are golden brown and you can easily stick a fork into the pieces.
FYI - there are several health benefits of butternut squash. These gourds are high in Vitamin A and B-complex. They have no saturated fats or cholesterol and are a rich source of dietary fiber. They are also great for controlling your cholesterol and weight. Read more about their benefits here: http://www.nutrition-and-you.com/butternut-squash.html
TIP: Save the seeds! Butternut squash seeds are also really high in fiber! Wash them thoroughly after scooping them out of the squash and roast them (try my roasted pumpkin seed recipe with these seeds, use whatever spice you like!)