Another incredibly easy Filipino dish that tastes like a fancy restaurant meal! Chicken Adobo has complex flavor profiles & will be ready in under an hour. This 6 ingredient meal will have your mouth watering.
Time: 40 minutes
- 5-6 chicken thighs, skinless for a healthier option
- 5-6 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper or 5-6 black pepper corns
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1 bay leaf
- Optional: chili peppers for garnish / spice
- In a large pan, heat the garlic on medium heat (with a little olive oil if desired)
- Add the vinegar & soy sauce to the pan, along with the black pepper.
- Place the chicken pieces & the bay leaf into the pan, turning the chicken pieces over once to get coated in the sauce. Then add enough water to cover the chicken.
- Bring the sauce mixture to a boil & let simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Take another pan, add a spoonful of the fat from the chicken (or vegetable oil) in it bring it to medium heat. Add the chicken pieces from the first pan & allow them to brown.
- Reduce the sauce to about half, while the chicken is browning in the other pan.
- Add the chicken back into the sauce pan & turn it so it is well coated. Serve with rice & enjoy!