Trying to eat more fish & veggies this summer? Tuna steaks are fantastic when seasoned and cooked properly. They also have a really meaty flavor and texture that makes you forget you're eating fish! And the best part: this whole meal is done in less than 30 minutes!! Try this recipe with a fresh tomato salad (recipe also below for the salad).
Time: 30 mins
- 2 tuna steaks
- 1.5 teaspoons salt
- 1.5 teaspoon black pepper
- 1.5 teaspoons coriander powder
- ~3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 10-12 grape tomatoes
- 1 English cucumber (these are smaller and skinnier than regular cucumbers)
- 1/2 jalapeño
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Cut the tomatoes in half (or whatever shape you prefer)
- Slice the cucumbers into small rounds
- Slice the jalapeño along the middle (long-ways) and remove the membranes and seeds. Dice it.
- Combine the tomatoes, cucumbers, and jalapeños in a bowl. Sprinkle the salt, lemon juice, and balsamic vinegar on top and mix the ingredients lightly so they are well coated.
- Scoop some of the salad onto each plate and set aside.
- Mix the coriander powder, black pepper, and salt together and coat each side of the tuna steaks.
- Pour olive oil over the tuna steaks on both sides, and 1 teaspoon in the frying pan.
- Heat the frying pan to medium heat, then place one of the steaks down on top of the olive oil. Let cook on each side for no more than 1 minute.
- Repeat for the other steak. FYI, when you remove them from the pan you'll want to coat with olive oil again because the tuna will dry out fast.
- Serve with the tomato salad and enjoy!