Add this to your holiday appetizer menu! Seafood with a comforting kick! Crab cakes are a delicious way to spice up your meal. Try this recipe with some homemade aioli or spicy mayo and prepare to indulge.
Time: 40 mins, makes about 10 crab cakes
- 1 container (or 2 cups) jumbo lump crab
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper
- 1 large egg
- 1 sleeve Ritz crackers - crushed into crumbs with a rolling pin
- 2-3 tablespoons vegetable oil for frying the cakes
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine all crab cake ingredients together in a medium-large bowl using a large fork. The egg should help the mixture hold together. If it doesn't, add another egg.
- Use your hands to form patties out of the mixture - and set them aside.
- In a medium/large frying pan, heat the vegetable oil to medium heat.
- Place each of the patties into the frying pan (careful not to overlap them) and let fry on each side for about 4-5 mins or until golden brown.
- Lay the finished crab cakes on a paper towel to drain any excess oil before serving.
Aioli: Mix aioli ingredients together in a small bowl and serve next to the crab cakes!