With hints of lemon, black pepper & celery... this soup is no where near bland. Warm and hearty, creamy... oh and vegetarian :)
Time: 1 hour
Yields: 2 servings
- 2 large potatoes
- 1 small white onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 stalk celery
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 vegetable boullion cube
- 1/2 cup Lactaid
- salt & pepper to taste
- Peel & cube the potatoes ~1 inch cubes.
- Dice the onion.
- Slice the celery into thin slices.
- Warm the butter in a medium sized pot, add the onion.
- After a minute, add the potatoes & celery. Stir in 1 teaspoon black pepper & 1 teaspoon salt.
- Let the potatoes "fry" for about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, then add in the vegetable boullion cube & the water. Bring to a boil.
- Once the potatoes are boiling, cover the pot & lower the heat. Let sit for 15 minutes.
- Uncover the pot & test the potatoes with a pot spoon, make sure they're soft enough to melt down.
- Turn off the fire & pour the soup mixture into a large food processor. Pour in the Lactaid (or milk) & pulse until smooth.
- Pour the soup back into the pot & add in the lemon juice. Reheat, stir, & serve! You can add in fresh or dried parsley for garnish.