Starting off the year right with some green! Pea soup with fresh ginger, spinach & fresh herbs. It's an easy way to have your vegetables, without a cold salad!
Time: 30 mins
- 2 cups frozen peas (can use fresh/canned)
- 1 vegetable boullion cube
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary
- 1 large sage leaf, torn into smaller pieces
- 1 small white onion
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1 inch fresh ginger, minced
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Dice the onion & place it in a medium sauce pan with the vegetable oil. Use medium-low heat.
- Add the garlic, ginger, rosemary, sage & boullion cube into the pot. Stir to combine & stir every couple minutes until the boullion cube is melted.
- Add the peas, sauté for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the water, salt & pepper. Bring to a boil.
- After about 10 minutes, turn the stove off & add in the spinach. Stir until the spinach is wilted.
- Pour the soup mixture into a food processor & pulse until the mixture is smooth.
Serve warm, enjoy!