It's gettin cold outside! Have no fear, my creamy vegetable soup will warm you right up! Soups are amazing because they're one-pot dishes that you can sort-of forget about after you throw the ingredients together!
Time: 1 hour
- 2 cans unsalted tomato sauce
- 1.5 cups water
- 1 large potato, diced into bite sized chunks
- 1 can mixed vegetables (green beans, peas, carrots, corn, etc)
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup milk or lactaid
- 1 can beans of your choice
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Heat the vegetable oil for 30 seconds in a large pot. Add the onions & sauté until translucent.
- Add the garlic & the potatoes, stir to combine.
- Add the tomato sauce quickly after (so the garlic doesn't have a chance to burn).
- Then, pour in the water and raise the heat to high so the soup can start to boil. Feel free to add your cans of veggies at this time also.
- Once the soup is boiling, add the seasoning and the beans then cover the pot. Lower to a simmer.
- Let the soup simmer about 30-40 minutes for the ingredients to fully marry in their flavors, turning every so often so it doesn't burn.
- Turn off the heat.
- Allow about 2 mins off the stove before you add in the milk. Slowly pour it in as you stir.
- Feel free to garnish with Parmesan or your favorite cheese & enjoy!