Stuffed with amazing habanero lime shrimp! This delicious carbless meal promises to be a crowd pleaser! Try it for a small meal for two or as an appetizer or main for a party! The list of filling options is endless! Go crazy.
Time: 30 minutes
- 1 zucchini & 1 yellow summer squash (or whatever squash combos you have)
- olive oil for drizzling
- salt & pepper to taste
- half a bag of large shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 2 medium sized limes
- 3-4 slices of habanero, seeds removed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Cut the squash in half longways.
- Scoop out the middle of the squash with a spoon. Leave enough flesh on the bottom & sides so that it can hold up to the filling & grilling (hey that rhymed!)
- Drizzle olive oil around the top of the squash, then flip them over on grill mats, or a cookie sheet if you're baking them, so the flesh is facing down.
- Grill the squash on medium heat for about 5-10 minutes depending how large they are. You want them still crunchy, not too soft.
- While the squash is grilling, sauté the shrimp in the lime juice, habanero & vegetable oil.
- Add salt & pepper to taste, then turn off the heat.
- Use tongs to flip the squash over on the grill mats. Fill them with the habanero shrimp, and drizzle with any leftover sauce.
- Close the grill to allow the shrimp to cook into the squash for about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Remove the squash boats from the grill mats & serve on a platter. Enjoy!