A classy, sophisticated side dish that is so easy to make! Here's my take on it.
Time: 1 hour
- 4 rustic potatoes
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- salt & pepper to taste
- Cooking oil spray for the pan
- Preheat oven to 425. Cover a glass Pyrex dish with foil & spray to coat with cooking oil.
- Put the garlic cloves inside the butter so they begin to infuse.
- Wash & dry potatoes, then take them one by one to cut on a cutting board. You're going to want to lay 2 chopsticks on either side of the potato to avoid cutting straight through the bottom (so the potatoes fan out like the picture above).
- Cut about 1/4 inch thick slices through the entire potato (until your knife hits the chopsticks). Do the same for all 4 potatoes.
- Place the potatoes into a bowl of cold water as they are finished being cut. This will wash out some of the starch from inside the potato before you bake it. Make sure they are dry before baking, though.
- Arrange the potatoes in the Pyrex dish & fan them out slightly with your hands. Sprinkle salt & black pepper as desired.
- Brush the garlic butter mixture on top of each potato. Cover with aluminum foil & bake for 35 mins.
- Take the potatoes out of the oven, uncover them, then brush more of the butter mixture on them.
- Sprinkle the breadcrumb mixture on top of each potato, trying to get some inside the little slits.
- Brush with more butter & bake again UNCOVERED for another 10-15 minutes or until the potatoes are golden, cooked through.
Enjoy as a side dish or a meal!